Cloud services are a necessity for your business especially if your applications are overloaded with increasing transaction loads, are compute-intensive applications and have a high demand for availability. Many times, the challenge is in providing a balance across competing agendas and aligning the right cloud infrastructure for the right use case.
In order to make the right choice for your business, let's first understand the Public and Private Cloud.
- Public Cloud: This type of cloud computing model is managed by an outsourced Cloud Service vendor/providers like Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform (GCP) or Microsoft Azure.
- An economic model that reduces the cost of capital investment and the use of your in-house IT resources.
- The Cloud Service Vendor/Provider is responsible for managing and maintaining an off-site shared server on which your information is stored.
- Services are available at a low-cost subscription-based pricing tier, depending upon the computing resources used by the subscriber.
- This model provides a flexible and time-saving option for your business by providing quick access to applications and data.
- This model is cost agile and thus enables businesses to follow lean growth strategies and utilize their financial resources on innovation projects.
- This cannot be a viable solution in terms of security as it is a shared model and offers basic security compliance.
- The total cost of ownership (TCO) may increase considerably as per the usage.
- This model offers limited control of the infrastructure as the support and maintenance are managed by the Cloud Service Provider's technical team.
- Private Cloud: The services are delivered through a private network protected with customized firewalls for high performance and security.
- This is a dedicated cloud solution with on-premise data centers that are not shared by other customers.
- This model provides a tailor-made solution for your business while taking into consideration your IT infrastructure and security requirements.
- It also provides greater control of the infrastructure which in turn allows your business to efficiently operate compliance-sensitive IT workloads.
- Expensive when compared to public cloud solutions.
- The high-security measures can also limit access for users, especially mobile users.
- In the case of on-premise data centers, the infrastructure has a preset limit and may not be able to scale up in case of any unpredictable demands.
Suitable For: Large Enterprises, Government Agencies, Technology Companies with constantly changing IT workloads
Private Cloud Vendors to consider Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (Amazon VPC), Cloudstack, IBM SmartCloud Foundation, Microsoft Private Cloud.
Cloud Computing, whether Public Cloud or Private Cloud, essentially aims at providing key benefits such as scalability, security, and performance. The ideal approach would be to research the available options, consider the differences and choose the best cloud solution to meet your business needs.
STAQwise Solutions helps you to migrate your applications to your preferred cloud and saves costs, time and other resources which are crucial for your expanding enterprise.
Connect with us at staqwise.com to know about cloud services for your business needs.